Ten Questions to Ask Your DJ:
The American DJ Association and the Solid Rock Sound Machine encourage you to use these 10 Questions when interviewing your DJ. Here are the Questions and Andrew's Responses:
1) Are you insured? "The Solid Rock Sound Machine carries both Property & Liability Insurance. "
2) Will you be willing to take requests? "Yes, we listen to your suggestions and if the song is not appropriate to the event we will suggest an alternative. "
3) Do you use professional equipment? "We believe your event is too important to have a friend's home stereo or IPod as the musical entertainment. We use professional, industry standard equipment."
4) Do you provide backup equipment? "Although equipment failure is rare, we do carry backup equipment to replace the primary system in case of failure. "
5) Does the DJ know proper etiquette for your type of event? "We are trained as Wedding Consultants which means we know about wedding and event planning as well as the etiquette for all types of events. "
6) How much time do you allow for setup? "We arrive at least 2 hours before the event to ensure we will be in place before the first guest arrives."
7) Do you provide a written contract? "We provide you a copy of mutually signed contract, as written confirmation of what we are doing."
8) Will you be dressed for the occasion? "We dress in apparel that you prefer us to wear... Casual - we wear matching casual shirts and slacks...Formal - Tuxedos or formal suits...Themed - we will be in themed attire."
9) Do you belong to a Professional Organization or Trade Group? "We are members of ADJA(American Disc Jockey Association), The Lawrence Wedding Industry Networking Group (WING), and the Lawrence Wedding Co-Op, - all organizations for the betterment of the Wedding and Special Event industry. "
10) Do you have fair pricing and how long is the planning process? "We believe we are fair in our pricing (The National Average is $350-$3500) and we spend between 30-40 hours of planning for each event they do. We meet with you as often as you feel is needed, usually 2-3 times, taking 1-2 hours in each session. We will spend as much time planning your event as you will."
"To generate a quick quote, please visit our Check Availability/Quote page. This will give you a general quote, based on basic information. Before giving you a final quote, they want to gather more information about your event by meeting with you in person, . They have various price breaks available, and they can work with you to trim your overall budget. Once you have booked your event, they will provide you a password to access the Client Area, where you can take an active part in the planning process online. You will be able to request music and fill out planning guides and make changes up to the day before your event. "
Day Of Reception Coordination
Andrew is a trained Professional Bridal Consultant and, together with Karen, will fill the role as day-of coordinator at your reception. They understand matters of protocol and can answer your questions about where to sit who and how to deal with those touchy family dynamics. Solid Rock Sound Machine works with your other vendors to coordinate the events for the evening. For example, they work together to position Dad for the Father-Daughter dance, check that the photographer is ready when you cut the cake and make sure the food is ready to serve before announcing it is ready for your guests. They can also offer advice in other parts of your planning process, recommending photographers, caterers and other vendors. And we do offer discounts to our clients on items they order through Carlson Craft (see more info below) or our Party Supply Store.
Solid Rock Sound Machine Mobile Entertainment Company can also help the busy executive with corporate event planning. We have experience in planning several different types of events and especially like working with a themed event. We can help you find the decorations and special favors to tie in with any theme.
CARLSON CRAFT INVITATIONS
They represent Carlson Craft, so Karen and Drew can assist you in selecting your invitations and napkins. Carlson Craft also have other items, like cake toppers, cake cutters and toasting glasses available. You might even find some ideas for personalized bridal party gifts. To shop online at their Carlson Craft website (click here). By shopping through this link, your 25% discount on most items will be figured in at checkout.
The Solid Rock Sound Machine Mobile Entertainment Company likes to recognize the special people in your life. This might be that special Parent, Grandparent, Aunt or Uncle. If you have family members who have served our country in the military, Andrew and Karen like to include (at your request) a military tribute to thank them for their sacrifices for family & Friends. If you have someone at your event who deserves extra recognition, please let them know so they can say "THANKS".
Solid Rock Sound Machine offers a Military Discount to those who have and are serving in the military. Please, be sure and let them know about your Military connection.
CUSTOM SLIDE SHOW
Andrew is now offering customized slide show/ power points to enhance your event more than ever. He'll take your ideas and bring them to life, using pictures and graphics to share your story with your guests. Pricing for this service will depend on the time spent in production. Please, call for more details.
New Sevice Coming !!!!
Solid Rock Sound Machine Mobile Entertainment Company
Topeka, Kansas 66611
Copyright 2009, Solid Rock Sound Machine Mobile Entertainment, All Rights Reserved.